Sunday 16 February 2014

Junk Drawer Makeover - Sensory Fun

Do you have a drawer that looks like this? 

If you're anything like me EVERY drawer looks like this, and I've seriously been contemplating PAYING for someone to come and sort out my cupboards! Don't get me started on the plastic containers! 

So anyway, think back to when you were a kid yourself, visiting the grandparents. Didn't they ALWAYS have a junk drawer? The perfect place for you to get into and find all sorts of odds and ends to play with? A comb, a notepad, a compass, even the rollerdex? Now that's stretching the memory a little! 

So while trying to sort out some drawers and reminiscing I realised, I don't have one of these drawers for the kids. So I made one! 

Just odds and ends around the kitchen that really had no home anyway. Now they are all together, living happily, waiting for a moment to play. 


Contents:
* The souvenir cup from the theme park
* A bunch of swirly straws that I bought for a party once
* The pile of cardboard coasters hubby has for "when he gets his bar one day"
* A random drink cooler
* Some plastic spoons and serviettes from the take away restaurant
* All those little knick knacks you get from party plans
* Some plastic bowls that were cute and on special one day that I've never used
* A few disposable medicine cups - I mean you get a new one every time you buy cough medicine
* That maraca that I have no idea where to keep

YOUR TURN:

Could you find enough bits and pieces to make your own sensory drawer for the kids to play in? Put it at the bottom so the toddlers can get into it without any trouble. You could even use a basket? A box? A giant mixing bowl? Doesn't have to be a drawer.

Leave your comments below. 

Or send us a picture! 

Email, post it on Facebook or tag it on Instagram or Twitter with #learningthatsfun

Happy Learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment