Sunday 29 September 2013

10 Things About Me


1. I'm 32 years old and I have a little sister who is 9!

2. I live with my husband of 3 years (we've been together for 10) and our little cat April who lost her tail in an accident last year.

My wedding day
Photo Courtesy of Infocus Photography Ballarat

3. I'm an aunty to 22 nieces & nephews aged between 0 and 16.

4. When I was a kid I wanted to be a hair dresser.

5. I'm scared of heights and the dark.

6. My favourite book ever is Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I'm a sucker for a bad boy story and a brooding romance. I have 7 different copies of the book (so far). Funnily enough though, we chose an excerpt from Jane Eyre for our wedding ceremony. Death & despair didn't really cut it for a long term marriage.

Wuthering Heights Jane Eyre Emily Bronte Charlotte Bronte


7. I have a 1969 Holden Monaro that my parents bought for $600 when I was 16.

1969 HT Holden Monaro Wedding Car
Photo courtesy of my cousin

8.  My favourite smell & taste is vanilla. Anything vanilla! Yum.

9. In pre-school someone told me that my horse drawing wasn't a horse, and I've spent years trying to get over that damage to my self-confidence in having my work critiqued. Until about 2 years ago, if I couldn't do it perfectly, I wouldn't do it at all.

10. I'm terrified of being a fraud or imposter, or having people think that I am here telling them how to bring up their kids when I wouldn't know the first thing about being a parent. Which is true, I'm not a parent, so I have no right to tell other people how to raise their family. But when it comes to education, that's where I want to help. There are so many kids out there struggling through the school system, falling through the cracks and missing out on valuable funding or getting the right help they need and it's just not fair! So my mission in life is not to give parenting advice, but to make learning fun for everyone so that no kid has to slip through unnoticed by their school and can get the chance at a bright and successful future even if they don't get the right help at school. I'm just here to encourage everyone to look at the everyday learning you find if you dig a little deeper, or ways to twist the traditional education system to make it more interesting. If the system won't help you, I will do my best to fill the gap! So if you ever find me telling you what to do as a Mum (the best job in the entire world .... I know cos my Mum is totally the best in the whole wide world!) pull me up and remind me why I'm here. To Make Learning Fun!

Jumping Castle Fairy Birthday Party
I was the crazy aunty fairy at my niece's 1st Bday.
You can call me Aunty Lou. I get to come over for a visit, have fun, bring over a present somethings, make a mess, then pack up and go home!

Happy Learning!

By the way, did you know that I wrote a book on Learning that's Fun? If you'd like to check out the eBook visit Amazon.com or click here to have it delivered direct to your door in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment