Saturday 14 September 2013

Learning thats Fun for me

WOW! Is about all I can say right now. 


And not because of the champagne! 

I've just had the most incredible experience at a conference for Bloggers in Australia. My brain is in absolute overdrive, I'm totally exhausted, and my backside is in agony from all that sitting. But WOW! I've come away with so many great ideas and possibilities for growing Learning that's Fun and my new venture Blossom Connect. It's just incredible. 

You know when your heart is really in it, you will just do everything you can to soak up as much information as you possibly can? Grown ups are no different to kids, when you're interested, when it's fun, it doesn't even feel like learning. I've been to a lot of conferences and seminars for my day job, and I can tell you...conferences about IT are about as exciting as watching paint dry. This was ACE!

I took a trip to the airport and travelled with the lovely Dorothy from A Blog of Her Own.


By half through the first day I had almost completed my entire notebook! 


I completely overindulged in a huge array of sweet delicacies. The cake bar, the candy bar, the icecream van (INSIDE the venue!)

'

Met some most amazing and wonderful new people. Am I really that short? I don't think so, I really was sinking in the sand! 


Got to experience my first ever grape crushing to make wine. 


And even had the pleasure of being taxied home by my own Dad. 


But best of all, it was just such a pleasure to hear about the world of blogging and the opportunities it has and can create for people. Giving people the freedom to do what they love, write about things they are passionate about and build a life that they could only dream about. 

My dream for you guys is to make Learning that's Fun a great community. To build it up so much that I can give up my day job and do it full time and dedicate myself to create somewhere for people to come when they are looking for a little help, or inspiration. Somewhere to feel safe to ask the silly questions, or share the amazing moments in their family. And most of all, to make a difference. To reach out to those in need, to come together and help each other through the struggles, through the tough times and help those little buds to blossom. 

From the bottom of my heart, thank you to each and every one of you for following, being a part of the community and helping to build it into something great. Without you it's just not possible.

So thank you. 

Louise XXX

1 comment:

  1. Love your photos! Looks like you had an amazing time :-)

    ReplyDelete