Sunday 24 November 2013

5 Minute Play Dough Recipe

Today I had the pleasure of my nephew Mason's company. He's a busy boy, always doing something, always on the run! One of my friends recently sent me a link to make 2 ingredient Playdough, but would you believe I didn't have 1 of the ingredients??? So I looked up a few others and just went with what I had in the cupboard.

So after we played blocks, looked at some books and spent some time putting rocks into a bucket and into the water fountain, then back again, we headed back in and were entertained for at least an hour. 


Ingredients:

1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup salt
2 tbsp Cream of Tartar
1 tbsp oil
1 cup boiling water
Food Colouring of your choice

Steps:

1. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl
2. Add oil and food colouring
3. Add boiling water
4. Mix until a smooth elastic consistency

If the mixture is too sticky, just keep adding a pinch more flour until it's smooth and springy

I didn't have any food dyes on hand. So I used tiny splash of raspberry and green cordials. The photo above is 2 batches.

All up it took about 10 minutes, not bad for an afternoon's fun!


We made snails, a cat and dog, a dummy and found some great utensils in the second drawer. Some old tupperware giveaway prizes, cookie cutters, rolling pin and a plastic knife to practice cutting. 

Isn't he gorgeous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment